Words can not quite describe how cold it has been here lately.
Let's just say that when I wake up to the sound of the dude
on NPR announcing the temperature as "1 degree, with winds gusting to 25mph",
I don't exactly shoot out of bed ready to attack my day with vigor.
My standard walk protocol over the last week has been:
- Put on thermal underwear bottoms
- Put on fleece pants
- Put on fleece socks
- Put on thermal underwear top
- Put on sweathshirt
- Put on fleece jacket
- Put on scarf
- Put on outer jacket
- Put on neoprene ski mask
- Put on fleece skull cap
- Put on ugly-but-warm "Russian Fur trader" hat
- Put on gloves
- Get Dreyfus (who has been waiting by the door as I don the list above)
- Exit apartment
- Beg Dreyfus to do his business with a quickness
- Race back inside and sit in front of space heater until warm again
Actually, I managed to walk (very, very quickly!) around the block in the PM. Even with Dreyfus' fur coat and general love of the cold weather, I think it is too cold for him to be out for more than a few minutes.